CliQr Launches Largest Open Cloud Enterprise App Store Featuring Rich Multi-Tier and Distributed Computing Apps on Any Private or Public Cloud
CliQr App Store Provides Enterprise Users with Self-service Access, Deployment and Management of More Than 100 Applications Portable across Multiple Clouds
Santa Clara, Calif., March 24, 2014 – CliQr Technologies, the leader in cloud migration and full application lifecycle management, today announced the launch of the CliQr App Store. Providing enterprises with a complete platform to enable self-service provisioning of applications on any cloud, the CliQr App Store features more than 100 of the most popular open source applications at the launch including Alfresco, Drupal, WordPress, Joomla,Blender, SugarCRM, FreeCAD, Dolibarr, Test Link, OSClass, Subversion, Omero, Chyrp, Piwik, concrete5 and many more. It allows enterprise end users to deploy, benchmark, and manage the largest collection of applications in the industry, with each application being deployable in multi-tiered configurations in just a few clicks. The CliQr App Store empowers enterprise users with portability across one or multiple public clouds such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and HP Public Cloud and private cloud environments such as those based on VMware, OpenStack, and CloudStack—all with complete manageability, cloud-agnostic auto-scaling, and IT governance.
For enterprise IT departments or professional services providers, the App Store addition to the CliQr CloudCenter platform simplifies the implementation of the growing self-service, IT as a Service (ITaaS) trend. Business teams can now provision, manage and establish targeted governance policies across applications, private and public clouds, and users, complete with one-click deployments, metering, and billing capabilities that make departmental chargebacks easy.
“Other migration tools have taken the approach of requiring applications to conform to very diverse private and public clouds,” said Gaurav Manglik, co-founder and CEO of CliQr. “History has shown that this approach simply won’t scale. CliQr’s platform flips things around, allowing clouds to provision their best-practice infrastructure and services for the app. Portable and complete lifecycle management—this is the break-through approach needed for both app stores and other enterprise class cloud computing use cases.”
“We’re pleased that CliQr has published Alfresco to the CliQr App Store, thereby offering prospective customers a turn-key means to experience Alfresco’s powerful, yet simple, enterprise content management (ECM) capabilities in mere minutes,” said Luis Sala, Alfresco’s Director of Technology Alliances. “CliQr’s flexibility in deploying enterprise-class applications to a variety of cloud providers along with their unique benchmarking ability allows customers to find the best balance of cost and performance while greatly simplifying overall administration.”
For software providers the CliQr App Store de-couples the value of their offering from the requirement to deploy and manage physical infrastructure. The App Store becomes a means to simplify the delivery of their product to a much wider audience or even enable the transition to a Software as a Service (SaaS) model without application modification or cloud vendor lock in.
“We are excited to have CliQr as a Drupal Technology Supporter,” said Holly Ross, executive director of the non-profit Drupal Association. “Software and services that simplify the deployment of Drupal sites in the cloud are one of the reasons Drupal has become one of the most popular content management systems in every corner of the world.”
“concrete5 is an industry-leading in-context open source CMS on the market and we’re pleased to make it available to even more people through CliQr’s App Store,” said Franz Maruna, CEO for PortlandLabs Inc.
Unlike other application marketplaces or stores, CliQr’s unique application-aware cloud management architecture offers:
- Multi-tier and Distributed Computing Applications: Support for rich, multi-tier, multi-VM applications spanning a broad spectrum of functionality.
- Open Cloud: Migration of applications across multiple cloud environments with no additional migration effort. CliQr supports VMware, OpenStack, CloudStack, and the majority of regions of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, HP Public Cloud, Rackspace, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, Dimension Data, and Cloud N.
- Benchmarking: Determine the actual price, performance, and price-performance index or actual application workloads both across instances within one cloud or between multiple cloud providers.
- Full Life-cycle Management: Features include migration, benchmarking, deployment, version control/release management, and policy-based resource optimization such as auto-scaling and role and policy-based governance.
- Intuitive Management Dashboard: Full-feature runtime management dashboard to coordinate and review applications and cloud infrastructure activity, status, and costs.
- Extensible: Beyond CliQr’s App Store applications, users and enterprises can elect to migrate and manage and publish other business applications to any private or public cloud and enjoy the same portability and manageability addressed above. While initially, the App Store will contain only open source applications, the App Store can also serve as a marketplace for commercial applications and contains relevant features included metering, billing, and license management.
CliQr will have a live demo of the CliQr App Store at the InformationWeek Conference @ INTEROP being held March 31-April 1, 2014 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Level 3, South Seas D Ballroom, in Las Vegas. In addition, CliQr is offering a special promotion of 500 hours of free cloud time to try out the CliQr App Store on your own.
About CliQr Technologies
CliQr Technologies is a leading provider of hybrid cloud management solutions. Offering full lifecycle management delivered in a single, intuitive packaged platform, CliQr enables businesses to easily and efficiently migrate, govern, and manage one to many applications, users, and clouds. CliQr’s application-centric technology de-couples applications from the complexity of hybrid cloud environments, allowing them to be fluidly moved and managed to and between any cloud. Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., with locations in Canada, India, and Czech Republic, CliQr is backed by Foundation Capital, Google Ventures, and TransLink Capital. For additional information, please visit http://cliqr.com.
Sr. Director of Marketing Communications